Over the years, San Francisco’s Bay Area has birthed groundbreaking talent like E-40 and Too $hort. Here and now, however, a new generation of musicians are breaking away from the ‘hyphy’ sound that made the area famous, and among these are the funk and soul-infused Crown City Rockers. A welcome change for hip-hop heads bored with the same old (fill in the blank), CCR provides innovative raps with a uniquely fresh sound. On their new single, Restless, emcee Raashan Ahmad bumps this concept up a notch with blazing, brassy trumpets and a steady drum rhythm behind him. This self-produced single should hit the airwaves soon and give Crown City Rockers a break into the big-time. Their as-yet-untitled album is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2009.
Written by Carly on 12/4/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.