From the title of Crooked I‘s highly-anticipated mixtape, The Block Obama, it is obvious that the West Coast emcee is looking to bring change to hip-hop. One of the jobs on his to-do list is to stop rappers from continually bragging about the major money they make from cocaine sales – besides, there’s much more to be made from Trafficin’ Green. Hailing from a state that does not allow arrests or imprisonment for the possession of less than one ounce of marijuana, the real Obama might find Crooked I’s business model a stimulating one. Whether you smoke or not, though, you can’t deny that Trafficin’ Green demonstrates a smarter strategy than most tales of hustlin’ on the block. Expect more planning to take place when The Block Obama mixtape drops this fall.
Written by Burmy on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.