Ever since Jay-Z and T.I.‘s co-single, Swagga Like Us (also featuring Kanye & Weezy), first hit our DJBooth, the song has practically become A Milli 2.0, with the volume of artists freestyling over it reaching excess. Long Beach resident Crooked I adopts a similar theme on Swagga Like Crook, but instead of using Yeezy‘s original instrumental, the long time slept-on rap veteran chooses to use a brand-new electric guitar beat by producer Komplex. With the West Coast rap scene experiencing an elongated rap decline, Crook knows it will take a new leader to bring it back to prominence, stopping at nothing to see it through (or in his words, “right around the time you see Soulja Boy doing a song with Ice T”). Crooked I’s long-awaited The Block Obama mixtape landed online yesterday.
Listen to More: Crooked I
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)