Ever since Jay-Z and T.I.‘s co-single, Swagga Like Us (also featuring Kanye & Weezy), first hit our DJBooth, the song has practically become A Milli 2.0, with the volume of artists freestyling over it reaching excess. Long Beach resident Crooked I adopts a similar theme on Swagga Like Crook, but instead of using Yeezy‘s original instrumental, the long time slept-on rap veteran chooses to use a brand-new electric guitar beat by producer Komplex. With the West Coast rap scene experiencing an elongated rap decline, Crook knows it will take a new leader to bring it back to prominence, stopping at nothing to see it through (or in his words, “right around the time you see Soulja Boy doing a song with Ice T”). Crooked I’s long-awaited The Block Obama mixtape landed online yesterday.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.