Ever since Jay-Z and T.I.‘s co-single, Swagga Like Us (also featuring Kanye & Weezy), first hit our DJBooth, the song has practically become A Milli 2.0, with the volume of artists freestyling over it reaching excess. Long Beach resident Crooked I adopts a similar theme on Swagga Like Crook, but instead of using Yeezy‘s original instrumental, the long time slept-on rap veteran chooses to use a brand-new electric guitar beat by producer Komplex. With the West Coast rap scene experiencing an elongated rap decline, Crook knows it will take a new leader to bring it back to prominence, stopping at nothing to see it through (or in his words, “right around the time you see Soulja Boy doing a song with Ice T”). Crooked I’s long-awaited The Block Obama mixtape landed online yesterday.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.