Ever since Jay-Z and T.I.‘s co-single, Swagga Like Us (also featuring Kanye & Weezy), first hit our DJBooth, the song has practically become A Milli 2.0, with the volume of artists freestyling over it reaching excess. Long Beach resident Crooked I adopts a similar theme on Swagga Like Crook, but instead of using Yeezy‘s original instrumental, the long time slept-on rap veteran chooses to use a brand-new electric guitar beat by producer Komplex. With the West Coast rap scene experiencing an elongated rap decline, Crook knows it will take a new leader to bring it back to prominence, stopping at nothing to see it through (or in his words, “right around the time you see Soulja Boy doing a song with Ice T”). Crooked I’s long-awaited The Block Obama mixtape landed online yesterday.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)