Listening to Crooked I is little like having your grey matter pummeled by a heavyweight boxer with gloves made of sheer lyrical excellence. In other words, it’s definitely Not for the Weak Minded. Those of y’all who have been doing your mental push-ups, however, will find a lot to like about the Long Beach mainstay’s latest feature, the tagless version of a joint off DJs Whoo Kid, Skee and MLK‘s latest compilation. Here, beatsmith Jonathan Elkaer‘s ominous synth-percussion grooves set the mood as Crook lets loose at the competition, deftly incorporating double-time flows into his verbal onslaught. On the back, Snow Tha Product vents her spleen at femcees who owe their fame more to their physical assets than their mic skills: “Yes, I am tired of all you sl*ts / That been comin’ in the game ‘cause you bought your butts.” Feeling it? You can find Not for the Weak Minded and much more on the aforementioned SXEW Volume 2 tape, released to the ‘net in advance of this month’s SXSW festivities.
Written by richard on 03/18/14
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.