There’s nothing easier than averting your gaze when somebody accosts you on the street or in the subway, asking for change—I’ve done it myself, more times than I’d care to admit. On new single Nobody Cares, Long Beach vet Crooked I calls us out for turning a blind eye to hunger and poverty, reminding us that we could easily be in the same situation as those whose suffering we ignore. Tabu handles production duties, layering somber synths over slow-rolling percussion as the Slaughterhouse lyricist illuminates the struggles of those who get swept under society’s rug, from denizens of Third World nations to residents of inner-city Chicago. Tena Jones provides hook vocals, and Writers Wednesday directs the poignant official visuals. For this insightful cut and much more, check out Apex Predator, out now via Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.