There’s nothing easier than averting your gaze when somebody accosts you on the street or in the subway, asking for change—I’ve done it myself, more times than I’d care to admit. On new single Nobody Cares, Long Beach vet Crooked I calls us out for turning a blind eye to hunger and poverty, reminding us that we could easily be in the same situation as those whose suffering we ignore. Tabu handles production duties, layering somber synths over slow-rolling percussion as the Slaughterhouse lyricist illuminates the struggles of those who get swept under society’s rug, from denizens of Third World nations to residents of inner-city Chicago. Tena Jones provides hook vocals, and Writers Wednesday directs the poignant official visuals. For this insightful cut and much more, check out Apex Predator, out now via Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.