There’s nothing easier than averting your gaze when somebody accosts you on the street or in the subway, asking for change—I’ve done it myself, more times than I’d care to admit. On new single Nobody Cares, Long Beach vet Crooked I calls us out for turning a blind eye to hunger and poverty, reminding us that we could easily be in the same situation as those whose suffering we ignore. Tabu handles production duties, layering somber synths over slow-rolling percussion as the Slaughterhouse lyricist illuminates the struggles of those who get swept under society’s rug, from denizens of Third World nations to residents of inner-city Chicago. Tena Jones provides hook vocals, and Writers Wednesday directs the poignant official visuals. For this insightful cut and much more, check out Apex Predator, out now via Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.