There’s nothing easier than averting your gaze when somebody accosts you on the street or in the subway, asking for change—I’ve done it myself, more times than I’d care to admit. On new single Nobody Cares, Long Beach vet Crooked I calls us out for turning a blind eye to hunger and poverty, reminding us that we could easily be in the same situation as those whose suffering we ignore. Tabu handles production duties, layering somber synths over slow-rolling percussion as the Slaughterhouse lyricist illuminates the struggles of those who get swept under society’s rug, from denizens of Third World nations to residents of inner-city Chicago. Tena Jones provides hook vocals, and Writers Wednesday directs the poignant official visuals. For this insightful cut and much more, check out Apex Predator, out now via Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Long Beach veteran Crooked I has unleashed his debut studio album, Apex Predator. His first solo project since 2012's Psalm 82:V6 mixtape, the LP packs 11 tracks worth of new material from the Slaughterhouse lyricist,...
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.