Regular readers of the Booth know that, when Crooked I goes all-out on the mic, there’s not a man in the industry who can match his combo of wit, aggression, and dexterity. For those who need a little reminder that the Slaughterhouse member can tear a beat to shreds with both arms tied behind his back—not that arms are really relevant to rapping… but I digress—inaugural EP leak No Competition should be just the thing to set you straight. Producer Aktive sets the proper mood for a lyrical massacre, layering ominous string arpeggios over a hyperkinetic percussion rhythm as Mr. Pig Face demonstrates precisely why he’s un-f*ck-wit-able. As a coup de grâce, the Long Beach mic-murderer manages to pack 50-plus syllables into a mere seven seconds without breaking a sweat: “Finish any n*gga that thinkin’ that he gonna run up on a general criminal on general principle, I’m gonna give him a bullet, the momentum is gonna spin ‘im around, then I’ma give him another round, get rid of him.” Damn. For more bangers from one of the most ferocious spitters in the biz, check out Crook’s In None We Trust - The Prelude EP when it drops Dec. 13, via COB Music/Treacherous Records/EMPIRE Distribution.
Written by richard on 11/22/11
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.