Regular readers of the Booth know that, when Crooked I goes all-out on the mic, there’s not a man in the industry who can match his combo of wit, aggression, and dexterity. For those who need a little reminder that the Slaughterhouse member can tear a beat to shreds with both arms tied behind his back—not that arms are really relevant to rapping… but I digress—inaugural EP leak No Competition should be just the thing to set you straight. Producer Aktive sets the proper mood for a lyrical massacre, layering ominous string arpeggios over a hyperkinetic percussion rhythm as Mr. Pig Face demonstrates precisely why he’s un-f*ck-wit-able. As a coup de grâce, the Long Beach mic-murderer manages to pack 50-plus syllables into a mere seven seconds without breaking a sweat: “Finish any n*gga that thinkin’ that he gonna run up on a general criminal on general principle, I’m gonna give him a bullet, the momentum is gonna spin ‘im around, then I’ma give him another round, get rid of him.” Damn. For more bangers from one of the most ferocious spitters in the biz, check out Crook’s In None We Trust - The Prelude EP when it drops Dec. 13, via COB Music/Treacherous Records/EMPIRE Distribution.
Listen to More: Crooked I
Written by richard on 11/22/11
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.