Racism ain’t just something that happens in small towns the deep South—it’s also alive and well in the most prosperous urban enclaves of the upper class. Don’t believe me? Try walking into a store on Rodeo Drive looking like Crooked I. On Minority Report, a 2005 unreleased joint recently pulled out of the vaults for inclusion on Chris Paul and Lowkey‘s latest compilation, the Long Beach mainstay laments that he can’t enjoy his little slice of the American Dream without people looking at him like he’s an alien from the planet Jupiter. Komplex, the Treacherous Records in-house producer who brought us Resurrection, provides a sampled instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Fans can find this record, an early version of Thurz’ Gravedigger and much more on The Mission, released last week for free digital download.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.