Racism ain’t just something that happens in small towns the deep South—it’s also alive and well in the most prosperous urban enclaves of the upper class. Don’t believe me? Try walking into a store on Rodeo Drive looking like Crooked I. On Minority Report, a 2005 unreleased joint recently pulled out of the vaults for inclusion on Chris Paul and Lowkey‘s latest compilation, the Long Beach mainstay laments that he can’t enjoy his little slice of the American Dream without people looking at him like he’s an alien from the planet Jupiter. Komplex, the Treacherous Records in-house producer who brought us Resurrection, provides a sampled instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Fans can find this record, an early version of Thurz’ Gravedigger and much more on The Mission, released last week for free digital download.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)