Since his last Booth solo feature, Swagga Like Crook, Crooked I has been a busy man. In addition to preparing for the release of his debut album, B.O.S.S. (Beginning Of Something Serious), the Long Beach native has been working on a second Hip-Hop Weekly series—not to mention, he’s teamed up with Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce da 5’9” to form the Slaughterhouse supergroup. Still on that high-energy heatwave, Crook displays his disgust with all the gimmick rappers in the game, reminding the audience “I’m Still A MC.” Shouting “F*ck dumbin’ down!” the emcee sticks to his decision to stay underground rather than selling out. Komplex turns up the synths, completing that rare combo of top-notch MCing and first-rate production! B.O.S.S. is expected to be released later in ‘09; in the meantime, keep it locked to DJBooth.net for Crook’s exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 03/18/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.