Crooked I’s been a busy, busy man—in addition to getting ready for the release of his debut LP, B.O.S.S. (due out sometime this year), recording new music as one-fourth of the Slaughterhouse supergroup, and preparing to launch a second Hip-Hop Weekly series, he’s got, well, something else, up his sleeve. Though Crook has yet to reveal a single detail regarding his ‘secret project,’ the newly-released If You Ever Hear Me should have fans waiting with bated breath for… whatever it is. An opening sample from Comedy Central’s The Chocolate News, though it resurrects the old “hip-hop is dead” cliché, serves as a a fitting lead-in to the emcee’s meditations on the struggle to maintain one’s authenticity in a genre that has arguably strayed from its roots. The delicately dope balance Crook strikes between righteous anger and clever wordplay, as well as King Tech‘s tense, guitar-driven beat are sure to please those whose tastes run to the underground. If you’re curious about Crook’s big secret, we’re right there with you—stayed tuned to the Booth for all the latest info.
Written by richard on 03/24/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.