Crooked I’s been a busy, busy man—in addition to getting ready for the release of his debut LP, B.O.S.S. (due out sometime this year), recording new music as one-fourth of the Slaughterhouse supergroup, and preparing to launch a second Hip-Hop Weekly series, he’s got, well, something else, up his sleeve. Though Crook has yet to reveal a single detail regarding his ‘secret project,’ the newly-released If You Ever Hear Me should have fans waiting with bated breath for… whatever it is. An opening sample from Comedy Central’s The Chocolate News, though it resurrects the old “hip-hop is dead” cliché, serves as a a fitting lead-in to the emcee’s meditations on the struggle to maintain one’s authenticity in a genre that has arguably strayed from its roots. The delicately dope balance Crook strikes between righteous anger and clever wordplay, as well as King Tech‘s tense, guitar-driven beat are sure to please those whose tastes run to the underground. If you’re curious about Crook’s big secret, we’re right there with you—stayed tuned to the Booth for all the latest info.
Listen to More: Crooked I
Written by richard on 03/24/09
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.