Crooked I’s been a busy, busy man—in addition to getting ready for the release of his debut LP, B.O.S.S. (due out sometime this year), recording new music as one-fourth of the Slaughterhouse supergroup, and preparing to launch a second Hip-Hop Weekly series, he’s got, well, something else, up his sleeve. Though Crook has yet to reveal a single detail regarding his ‘secret project,’ the newly-released If You Ever Hear Me should have fans waiting with bated breath for… whatever it is. An opening sample from Comedy Central’s The Chocolate News, though it resurrects the old “hip-hop is dead” cliché, serves as a a fitting lead-in to the emcee’s meditations on the struggle to maintain one’s authenticity in a genre that has arguably strayed from its roots. The delicately dope balance Crook strikes between righteous anger and clever wordplay, as well as King Tech‘s tense, guitar-driven beat are sure to please those whose tastes run to the underground. If you’re curious about Crook’s big secret, we’re right there with you—stayed tuned to the Booth for all the latest info.
Written by richard on 03/24/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.