Guess Who’s Back in the motherf*ckin’ house…” you know the rest. On the lead single off his forthcoming digital-only EP, Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist, underground mainstay/Slaughterhouse member Crooked I uses that oft-quoted couplet from Snoop Dogg‘s G-Funk classic, Ain’t No Fun, to trumpet his own return to the solo grind. Scram Jones mans the boards here, serving up a stark, exotic midtempo instrumental that sets the stage for Crook’s characteristically aggressive bars. After freshening up the time-tested topics of money (both legal and otherwise), women, weed and gunplay, Crook turns his gaze on his peers, advising rappers who beef publicly to go ahead and shoot each other. With the Long Beach lyricist’s hard hitting underground rhymes and a co-sign from Snoop D-O-double-G, how could listeners not recognize? Fans hungry for more new material from Crook should keep it locked to our front page for more info on Mr. Pig Face, set to hit online retailers “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/7/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)