Guess Who’s Back in the motherf*ckin’ house…” you know the rest. On the lead single off his forthcoming digital-only EP, Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist, underground mainstay/Slaughterhouse member Crooked I uses that oft-quoted couplet from Snoop Dogg‘s G-Funk classic, Ain’t No Fun, to trumpet his own return to the solo grind. Scram Jones mans the boards here, serving up a stark, exotic midtempo instrumental that sets the stage for Crook’s characteristically aggressive bars. After freshening up the time-tested topics of money (both legal and otherwise), women, weed and gunplay, Crook turns his gaze on his peers, advising rappers who beef publicly to go ahead and shoot each other. With the Long Beach lyricist’s hard hitting underground rhymes and a co-sign from Snoop D-O-double-G, how could listeners not recognize? Fans hungry for more new material from Crook should keep it locked to our front page for more info on Mr. Pig Face, set to hit online retailers “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/7/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.