Most emcees are willing to stretch the truth a little (or a lot) for the sake of a good rhyme – not Crooked I. As the West Coast underground mainstay explains on the lead single off his forthcoming EP, “I’m doin’ Everythang I rap about.” Dirty Dunnz keeps it minimal on the production tip, cooking up a percussion-driven instrumental laced with sampled gunshots (and featuring a snippet from fellow Slaughterhouse member Joe Budden‘s Pump It Up) as Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist does what he does best, interlacing tales of his one-hundred percent factual exploits with trash talk and vividly-phrased boasts: When I’m spittin’ I hope you’re findin’ the art. When I’m rhymin’ I’m minin’ for diamonds, I shine in the dark / I’m a neurologist-slash-cardiologist, I touch your mind and your heart.” Has Crook killed it yet again? I think I know the answer, but I’ll let you have the final say. Those digging it can find plenty more from the Cali vet on his Planet C.O.B. Vol. 1 EP, set to drop August 17. In addition, fans who pre-order the project now will receive Gangsta Cry, an outtake from the B.O.S.S. sessions, as an exclusive bonus!
Listen to More: Crooked I
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.