Most emcees are willing to stretch the truth a little (or a lot) for the sake of a good rhyme – not Crooked I. As the West Coast underground mainstay explains on the lead single off his forthcoming EP, “I’m doin’ Everythang I rap about.” Dirty Dunnz keeps it minimal on the production tip, cooking up a percussion-driven instrumental laced with sampled gunshots (and featuring a snippet from fellow Slaughterhouse member Joe Budden‘s Pump It Up) as Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist does what he does best, interlacing tales of his one-hundred percent factual exploits with trash talk and vividly-phrased boasts: When I’m spittin’ I hope you’re findin’ the art. When I’m rhymin’ I’m minin’ for diamonds, I shine in the dark / I’m a neurologist-slash-cardiologist, I touch your mind and your heart.” Has Crook killed it yet again? I think I know the answer, but I’ll let you have the final say. Those digging it can find plenty more from the Cali vet on his Planet C.O.B. Vol. 1 EP, set to drop August 17. In addition, fans who pre-order the project now will receive Gangsta Cry, an outtake from the B.O.S.S. sessions, as an exclusive bonus!
Listen to More: Crooked I
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)