Most emcees are willing to stretch the truth a little (or a lot) for the sake of a good rhyme – not Crooked I. As the West Coast underground mainstay explains on the lead single off his forthcoming EP, “I’m doin’ Everythang I rap about.” Dirty Dunnz keeps it minimal on the production tip, cooking up a percussion-driven instrumental laced with sampled gunshots (and featuring a snippet from fellow Slaughterhouse member Joe Budden‘s Pump It Up) as Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist does what he does best, interlacing tales of his one-hundred percent factual exploits with trash talk and vividly-phrased boasts: When I’m spittin’ I hope you’re findin’ the art. When I’m rhymin’ I’m minin’ for diamonds, I shine in the dark / I’m a neurologist-slash-cardiologist, I touch your mind and your heart.” Has Crook killed it yet again? I think I know the answer, but I’ll let you have the final say. Those digging it can find plenty more from the Cali vet on his Planet C.O.B. Vol. 1 EP, set to drop August 17. In addition, fans who pre-order the project now will receive Gangsta Cry, an outtake from the B.O.S.S. sessions, as an exclusive bonus!
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.