If everyone were exactly like Crooked I... well, I’m not sure if the world would be a better place, but it would certainly be a realer one. Those of us who wouldn’t be able to handle the Long Beach native’s wild life on the regular can nonetheless get an entertaining glimpse of his Everyday existence on this cut, the latest single off his new digital full-length. True to his name, Street Runner keeps it straight ‘hood on the production tip, cooking up a scorching electric guitar/synth backdrop for bars packed with brutal honesty – along with raunchy fantasies involving alien abductions, Glenn Beck’s step-daughter and Sarah Palin’s fake (according to Crook) tits. While you wouldn’t expect a record this raw to end with a moral, the Slaughterhouse member manages to work in some bona fide inspirational wisdom, inviting dudes who think they have what it takes to “Pull your cock out, quit livin’ in fear.” Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; released yesterday, March 21, Crooked I’s long-awaited Million Dollar Story LP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.