If everyone were exactly like Crooked I... well, I’m not sure if the world would be a better place, but it would certainly be a realer one. Those of us who wouldn’t be able to handle the Long Beach native’s wild life on the regular can nonetheless get an entertaining glimpse of his Everyday existence on this cut, the latest single off his new digital full-length. True to his name, Street Runner keeps it straight ‘hood on the production tip, cooking up a scorching electric guitar/synth backdrop for bars packed with brutal honesty – along with raunchy fantasies involving alien abductions, Glenn Beck’s step-daughter and Sarah Palin’s fake (according to Crook) tits. While you wouldn’t expect a record this raw to end with a moral, the Slaughterhouse member manages to work in some bona fide inspirational wisdom, inviting dudes who think they have what it takes to “Pull your cock out, quit livin’ in fear.” Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; released yesterday, March 21, Crooked I’s long-awaited Million Dollar Story LP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.