Don’t worry, Crooked I hasn’t gone all T-Pain on us. While Let Me Buy You a Drink finds the Cali mainstay showcasing a different side of his persona than fans may be used to, it’s… well… a different different side than the title might lead you to expect. Here, the Slaughterhouse emcee emerges as a masterful storyteller. Backed by the subdued production of Danish crew TABU, the rapper steps into the shoes of a drug pusher whose girl left him after learning that he’d cheated, taking the kids with her – and thanks to his occupation, any effort to gain custody would, of course, land him in jail. As it turns out, the woman to whom he’s pouring out his heart has a dilemma of her own: as Crook explains on verse two, she’s struggling with whether to tell her fiancée that she’s pregnant with another man’s child. Topped off with the silky-smooth hook vocals of singer/songwriter Vaughn Anthony, this cut doesn’t offer much in the way of happy endings, but there’s no denying its cathartic appeal. Fans can find this joint, along with some lighter fare, on Crook’s Planet C.O.B Vol.1 , released yesterday and available for purchase online.
Written by richard on 08/18/10
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.