I’ve seen enough episodes of Dexter to know that murder is always ugly. Unless, of course, you are talking about a rapper killing a beat the way Crooked I slaughters his latest effort; then it is a Beautiful Murder. The victim this time around is a snapping, synth heavy beat from King Dave. Although the production is a touch on the softer side, it is perfect for Crooked’s passionate, fiery flow. The Long Beach native uses said flow to drop some seriously potent bars that reach out and grab you; there is something so genuine about a hardened, veteran emcee ripping a beat to shreds. Beautiful Murder is not part of anything larger, but for more from the hip-hop mainstay, check out his last feature, Octobers’s Against All Odds.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.