I’ve seen enough episodes of Dexter to know that murder is always ugly. Unless, of course, you are talking about a rapper killing a beat the way Crooked I slaughters his latest effort; then it is a Beautiful Murder. The victim this time around is a snapping, synth heavy beat from King Dave. Although the production is a touch on the softer side, it is perfect for Crooked’s passionate, fiery flow. The Long Beach native uses said flow to drop some seriously potent bars that reach out and grab you; there is something so genuine about a hardened, veteran emcee ripping a beat to shreds. Beautiful Murder is not part of anything larger, but for more from the hip-hop mainstay, check out his last feature, Octobers’s Against All Odds.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.