I’ve seen enough episodes of Dexter to know that murder is always ugly. Unless, of course, you are talking about a rapper killing a beat the way Crooked I slaughters his latest effort; then it is a Beautiful Murder. The victim this time around is a snapping, synth heavy beat from King Dave. Although the production is a touch on the softer side, it is perfect for Crooked’s passionate, fiery flow. The Long Beach native uses said flow to drop some seriously potent bars that reach out and grab you; there is something so genuine about a hardened, veteran emcee ripping a beat to shreds. Beautiful Murder is not part of anything larger, but for more from the hip-hop mainstay, check out his last feature, Octobers’s Against All Odds.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/10/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.