In an industry as crowded and cutthroat as the hip-hop game, it’s a minor miracle when a talented underground emcee is able to carve out a profitable niche without compromising his or her vision. On his latest promo single, Crooked I showcases the skills that enabled him to succeed Against All Odds, while excoriating peers who sold their souls on the way to the top. Snaz crafts a compulsively head-noddable string/keyboard beat to back the Long Beach mainstay as he delivers his fast-paced, aggressive verses. While this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, fans can hear more from the artist on his recently-released full-length, Apex Predator. Additionally, Crook and his Horseshoe G.A.N.G. crew have unleashed a brand new LP entitled Top Ramen N*gga.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Crooked I’s Bassel “Base” Naaman-directed Against All Odds visual.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)