In an industry as crowded and cutthroat as the hip-hop game, it’s a minor miracle when a talented underground emcee is able to carve out a profitable niche without compromising his or her vision. On his latest promo single, Crooked I showcases the skills that enabled him to succeed Against All Odds, while excoriating peers who sold their souls on the way to the top. Snaz crafts a compulsively head-noddable string/keyboard beat to back the Long Beach mainstay as he delivers his fast-paced, aggressive verses. While this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, fans can hear more from the artist on his recently-released full-length, Apex Predator. Additionally, Crook and his Horseshoe G.A.N.G. crew have unleashed a brand new LP entitled Top Ramen N*gga.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Crooked I’s Bassel “Base” Naaman-directed Against All Odds visual.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)