To get fans hyped up for the August 11th release of Slaughterhouse’s self-titled debut full-length, Crooked I dropped an off-the-top freestyle over Dr. Dre‘s instrumental from 50 Cent‘s OK, You’re Right. The next day, he headed right back to the studio to record Pt. 2. Featuring an original beat by Qwest (sampling The Animals’ cover of House of the Rising Sun), this sequel is much more relaxed than its predecessor, but Crook attacks the mic as ferociously as ever; taking aim at online heads’ low standards and describing his idea of a “balanced hip-hop diet.” (Kanye, Lupe, Bun, and 3 Stacks, with a side of Mickey Factz and Wale). After you’ve checked out the Slaughterhouse LP, be sure to pick up Crook’s Mr. Pig Face Weapon Waist EP (set for release the following week). Then, pray that Crook finds distribution for his long-delayed solo debut, B.O.S.S. (Beginning Of Something Serious).
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
Treacherous/Dynasty Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.