If you’re like me, then you’re probably always searching the internets occasionally uber-ridiculous web videos for hidden gems that you immediately email to all your friends. One of 2011’s biggest breakthrough hits on the internet was Cris Cab, the teenage songwriter who quickly parlayed YouTube videos of his singing and songwriting skills into collaborations with some of music’s biggest stars. Case in point, Cab’s new single Rihanna’s Gun, which finds the Miami up-and-comer linking up with Wyclef Jean and Mavado. Together, the trio cook up a head-nodding stew of Caribbean-influenced good-ness on Gun, which will be featured on his upcoming Echo Boom mixtape. Over the course of the song, Cris & Co. request a pardon from their respective female counterpart to accept them back after infidelity, only to be disappointed with her denial at the end; all over Clef and Sedeck Jean’s eclectic production. Think Cab has what it takes to move from internet sensation to bonafide singing star in his own right? If you answered Yes then you’ll definitely want to look out for Echo Boom, presented by Billionaire Boys Club and scheduled to see the light of day on Tuesday, January 31.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.