Ladies, take heed: Cris Cab‘s got a pair of tickets to Paradise (On Earth), and he’s looking for a lucky girl to be his plus-one. The follow-up to Big Sean-assisted lead effort Good Girls, this record sees the Miami singer/songwriter foregoing his usual sunny, guitar-driven style in favor of an airy, synth-pop sound. Producer Malay provides a catchy, intricately-textured blend of keys and leisurely percussion as Cris resolves to build heaven right here and now, rather than waiting for his rewards in the hereafter. Feeling it? While RISE isn’t scheduled to drop till October 9, you could hardly ask for a better appetizer than live LP Live… In the Moment, available for streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Update Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Cab’s BRTHR-directed Paradise (On Earth) visual.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)