Ladies, take heed: Cris Cab‘s got a pair of tickets to Paradise (On Earth), and he’s looking for a lucky girl to be his plus-one. The follow-up to Big Sean-assisted lead effort Good Girls, this record sees the Miami singer/songwriter foregoing his usual sunny, guitar-driven style in favor of an airy, synth-pop sound. Producer Malay provides a catchy, intricately-textured blend of keys and leisurely percussion as Cris resolves to build heaven right here and now, rather than waiting for his rewards in the hereafter. Feeling it? While RISE isn’t scheduled to drop till October 9, you could hardly ask for a better appetizer than live LP Live… In the Moment, available for streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Update Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Cab’s BRTHR-directed Paradise (On Earth) visual.
Written by richard on 01/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.