Last we heard from Cris Cab, back in April of 2011, he was waxing penitent after his indiscretions cost him the woman he loved: “Amen, I’ve learned my lesson, if you’ve got a good girl then count your blessings.” Acknowledging the error of one’s ways is a good start, but did the lesson truly stick? Judging by the 18-year-old singer/songwriter’s latest effort, the answer seems to be “Yes.” On newly-leaked mixtape inclusion One Thing, the Miami representer lets his new girl know just how much she’s appreciated. Backed by Neptunes heavyweight Pharrell Williams’ breezy, Brazilian-informed guitar/sample grooves, Cab describes how his worries and cares drift away the moment she enters the room. Even when he’s got “problem after problem” hanging over his head, the woman in question has an uncanny way of taking the “weight off [his] shoulders..” Like what you’re hearing? This blissfully mellow banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cris Cab’s Billionaire Boys Club-presented Echo Boom mixtape, set to drop January 31.
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.