Last we heard from Cris Cab, back in April of 2011, he was waxing penitent after his indiscretions cost him the woman he loved: “Amen, I’ve learned my lesson, if you’ve got a good girl then count your blessings.” Acknowledging the error of one’s ways is a good start, but did the lesson truly stick? Judging by the 18-year-old singer/songwriter’s latest effort, the answer seems to be “Yes.” On newly-leaked mixtape inclusion One Thing, the Miami representer lets his new girl know just how much she’s appreciated. Backed by Neptunes heavyweight Pharrell Williams’ breezy, Brazilian-informed guitar/sample grooves, Cab describes how his worries and cares drift away the moment she enters the room. Even when he’s got “problem after problem” hanging over his head, the woman in question has an uncanny way of taking the “weight off [his] shoulders..” Like what you’re hearing? This blissfully mellow banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cris Cab’s Billionaire Boys Club-presented Echo Boom mixtape, set to drop January 31.
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)