Last we heard from Cris Cab, back in April of 2011, he was waxing penitent after his indiscretions cost him the woman he loved: “Amen, I’ve learned my lesson, if you’ve got a good girl then count your blessings.” Acknowledging the error of one’s ways is a good start, but did the lesson truly stick? Judging by the 18-year-old singer/songwriter’s latest effort, the answer seems to be “Yes.” On newly-leaked mixtape inclusion One Thing, the Miami representer lets his new girl know just how much she’s appreciated. Backed by Neptunes heavyweight Pharrell Williams’ breezy, Brazilian-informed guitar/sample grooves, Cab describes how his worries and cares drift away the moment she enters the room. Even when he’s got “problem after problem” hanging over his head, the woman in question has an uncanny way of taking the “weight off [his] shoulders..” Like what you’re hearing? This blissfully mellow banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Cris Cab’s Billionaire Boys Club-presented Echo Boom mixtape, set to drop January 31.
Written by richard on 01/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.