Parents, bosses, teachers, school advisers… – for a time when you’re supposed to be figuring out who you are, the late teenage years sure involve a lot of people telling you what to do. Seventeen-year-old singer-songwriter Cris Cab, for one, is having none of it. On his latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Miami-based up-and-comer resolves to be the captain of his own destiny. ”No one’s gonna tell me how to live My Life.” Over his and PJ‘s production, a synth-infused reggae groove as breezily laid-back as a poolside siesta (umbrella drink optional), the singer details his five-year (and beyond) plan: party all night, hang with beautiful women, block out the haters, lather, rinse, repeat. A life of leisure might not be within everyone’s grasp, but if Cris continues turning out singles this pop-appealing, he just might be able to make it work. Enough from me, though – do you think this island-pop Epicure has the skills to pay the bills? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that you’ll be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Girls" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.