Parents, bosses, teachers, school advisers… – for a time when you’re supposed to be figuring out who you are, the late teenage years sure involve a lot of people telling you what to do. Seventeen-year-old singer-songwriter Cris Cab, for one, is having none of it. On his latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Miami-based up-and-comer resolves to be the captain of his own destiny. ”No one’s gonna tell me how to live My Life.” Over his and PJ‘s production, a synth-infused reggae groove as breezily laid-back as a poolside siesta (umbrella drink optional), the singer details his five-year (and beyond) plan: party all night, hang with beautiful women, block out the haters, lather, rinse, repeat. A life of leisure might not be within everyone’s grasp, but if Cris continues turning out singles this pop-appealing, he just might be able to make it work. Enough from me, though – do you think this island-pop Epicure has the skills to pay the bills? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that you’ll be the first to know if and when that changes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Girls" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.