Parents, bosses, teachers, school advisers… – for a time when you’re supposed to be figuring out who you are, the late teenage years sure involve a lot of people telling you what to do. Seventeen-year-old singer-songwriter Cris Cab, for one, is having none of it. On his latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Miami-based up-and-comer resolves to be the captain of his own destiny. ”No one’s gonna tell me how to live My Life.” Over his and PJ‘s production, a synth-infused reggae groove as breezily laid-back as a poolside siesta (umbrella drink optional), the singer details his five-year (and beyond) plan: party all night, hang with beautiful women, block out the haters, lather, rinse, repeat. A life of leisure might not be within everyone’s grasp, but if Cris continues turning out singles this pop-appealing, he just might be able to make it work. Enough from me, though – do you think this island-pop Epicure has the skills to pay the bills? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that you’ll be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Girls" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.