Parents, bosses, teachers, school advisers… – for a time when you’re supposed to be figuring out who you are, the late teenage years sure involve a lot of people telling you what to do. Seventeen-year-old singer-songwriter Cris Cab, for one, is having none of it. On his latest promo single and first Booth feature, the Miami-based up-and-comer resolves to be the captain of his own destiny. ”No one’s gonna tell me how to live My Life.” Over his and PJ‘s production, a synth-infused reggae groove as breezily laid-back as a poolside siesta (umbrella drink optional), the singer details his five-year (and beyond) plan: party all night, hang with beautiful women, block out the haters, lather, rinse, repeat. A life of leisure might not be within everyone’s grasp, but if Cris continues turning out singles this pop-appealing, he just might be able to make it work. Enough from me, though – do you think this island-pop Epicure has the skills to pay the bills? Then keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but rest assured that you’ll be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 02/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Girls" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.