After just getting used to the winter weather, I stepped outside this morning expecting Arctic temperatures only to find it was nearly 50 degrees. The warm weather, combined with Cris Cab’s latest release, almost make me want to have a BBQ and pool party, although I might be getting ahead of myself. Mixtape inclusion Livin on Sunday, released freely on Monday, features the breezy stylings that have made Cab a regular guest of The DJBooth. At the tail end of the PJ McGinnis-produced cut, Cab calls Sunday “the day of rest”, but from the sound of things the Miami crooner apparently takes it easy on weekdays too, often having breakfast for lunch and taking trips to New York. Livin on Sunday is the lead single off of Cab’s forthcoming, untitled mixtape, set for release this spring. However, we have plenty of content to tide you over. Earlier this month, we featured the visuals for Paradise (On Earth), while Cab’s RISE EP remains available for preview and purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.