After just getting used to the winter weather, I stepped outside this morning expecting Arctic temperatures only to find it was nearly 50 degrees. The warm weather, combined with Cris Cab’s latest release, almost make me want to have a BBQ and pool party, although I might be getting ahead of myself. Mixtape inclusion Livin on Sunday, released freely on Monday, features the breezy stylings that have made Cab a regular guest of The DJBooth. At the tail end of the PJ McGinnis-produced cut, Cab calls Sunday “the day of rest”, but from the sound of things the Miami crooner apparently takes it easy on weekdays too, often having breakfast for lunch and taking trips to New York. Livin on Sunday is the lead single off of Cab’s forthcoming, untitled mixtape, set for release this spring. However, we have plenty of content to tide you over. Earlier this month, we featured the visuals for Paradise (On Earth), while Cab’s RISE EP remains available for preview and purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.