Being cheated on is bad enough, but it’s all the more excruciating when your so-called S.O. doesn’t even bother to effectively cover his or her tracks. On the newly-released Liar Liar, Mercury Records/Island Def Jam singer/songwriter Cris Cab addresses a woman who’s so obviously doing him dirty that her pants might as well be (as the saying goes) on fire. While retaining Cab’s trademark, reggae-informed sound, Pharrell Williams and Dallas Austin match the record’s seamy theme by crafting a beat slightly more intense than the artist’s usual fare. Alex Topaller and Daniel Shapiro‘s black-and-white visuals further accent the moody, erotically-charged vibe. Liar Liar is the first single off Cris’s forthcoming major label debut. The project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.