Being cheated on is bad enough, but it’s all the more excruciating when your so-called S.O. doesn’t even bother to effectively cover his or her tracks. On the newly-released Liar Liar, Mercury Records/Island Def Jam singer/songwriter Cris Cab addresses a woman who’s so obviously doing him dirty that her pants might as well be (as the saying goes) on fire. While retaining Cab’s trademark, reggae-informed sound, Pharrell Williams and Dallas Austin match the record’s seamy theme by crafting a beat slightly more intense than the artist’s usual fare. Alex Topaller and Daniel Shapiro‘s black-and-white visuals further accent the moody, erotically-charged vibe. Liar Liar is the first single off Cris’s forthcoming major label debut. The project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.