A British singer/songwriter whose folk-rock style is miles away from the Mercury Records buzzmaker’s sun-kissed sound, Passenger doesn’t seem like the most obvious artist for Cris Cab to cover. But I’ll be damned if the Miami native doesn’t make 2012 single Let Her Go sound downright tropical on his latest promotional single. PJ McGinnis, Cris’ collaborator on The Fire, once again assists behind the boards, helping to craft an reggae-infused beat that retains the original cut’s plaintive vibe. As always, Cab’s vocals epitomize Island-pop catchiness. This breezy cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Another Love.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.