A British singer/songwriter whose folk-rock style is miles away from the Mercury Records buzzmaker’s sun-kissed sound, Passenger doesn’t seem like the most obvious artist for Cris Cab to cover. But I’ll be damned if the Miami native doesn’t make 2012 single Let Her Go sound downright tropical on his latest promotional single. PJ McGinnis, Cris’ collaborator on The Fire, once again assists behind the boards, helping to craft an reggae-infused beat that retains the original cut’s plaintive vibe. As always, Cab’s vocals epitomize Island-pop catchiness. This breezy cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Another Love.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.