A British singer/songwriter whose folk-rock style is miles away from the Mercury Records buzzmaker’s sun-kissed sound, Passenger doesn’t seem like the most obvious artist for Cris Cab to cover. But I’ll be damned if the Miami native doesn’t make 2012 single Let Her Go sound downright tropical on his latest promotional single. PJ McGinnis, Cris’ collaborator on The Fire, once again assists behind the boards, helping to craft an reggae-infused beat that retains the original cut’s plaintive vibe. As always, Cab’s vocals epitomize Island-pop catchiness. This breezy cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Another Love.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.