A British singer/songwriter whose folk-rock style is miles away from the Mercury Records buzzmaker’s sun-kissed sound, Passenger doesn’t seem like the most obvious artist for Cris Cab to cover. But I’ll be damned if the Miami native doesn’t make 2012 single Let Her Go sound downright tropical on his latest promotional single. PJ McGinnis, Cris’ collaborator on The Fire, once again assists behind the boards, helping to craft an reggae-infused beat that retains the original cut’s plaintive vibe. As always, Cab’s vocals epitomize Island-pop catchiness. This breezy cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Another Love.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)