A British singer/songwriter whose folk-rock style is miles away from the Mercury Records buzzmaker’s sun-kissed sound, Passenger doesn’t seem like the most obvious artist for Cris Cab to cover. But I’ll be damned if the Miami native doesn’t make 2012 single Let Her Go sound downright tropical on his latest promotional single. PJ McGinnis, Cris’ collaborator on The Fire, once again assists behind the boards, helping to craft an reggae-infused beat that retains the original cut’s plaintive vibe. As always, Cab’s vocals epitomize Island-pop catchiness. This breezy cover isn’t attached to a larger set, but those craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, May’s Another Love.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.