It may sound like a cliche, but without the fans an artist is nothing. Well, maybe not “nothing”, but at the most just a dude singing to himself in his bedroom. He may be young, but it’s a lesson that Cris Cab has already learned like a veteran, dropping off new smooth joint If You Only Had Today as a thank you to the fans who have transformed him from viral sensation to industry up-and-comer. Production duo Personal Joints (aka Cab and his beatmaking partner PJ McGinnis) reach deep into reggae’s bag of tricks and pulling out some vibed out guitar lines, plenty of percussion and a thoroughly live feel. Vocally the Miami native continues his uplifting ways, leading listeners to sunnier days by vowing to live each day like it was his last 24 hours on Earth. Carpe diem dear DJBooth listeners. While If You Only Had Today is currently unattached to a larger project, fans of Cab hopefully won’t have to live through too many tomorrows before we get a full length debut album from the Mercury Records artist.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.