It may sound like a cliche, but without the fans an artist is nothing. Well, maybe not “nothing”, but at the most just a dude singing to himself in his bedroom. He may be young, but it’s a lesson that Cris Cab has already learned like a veteran, dropping off new smooth joint If You Only Had Today as a thank you to the fans who have transformed him from viral sensation to industry up-and-comer. Production duo Personal Joints (aka Cab and his beatmaking partner PJ McGinnis) reach deep into reggae’s bag of tricks and pulling out some vibed out guitar lines, plenty of percussion and a thoroughly live feel. Vocally the Miami native continues his uplifting ways, leading listeners to sunnier days by vowing to live each day like it was his last 24 hours on Earth. Carpe diem dear DJBooth listeners. While If You Only Had Today is currently unattached to a larger project, fans of Cab hopefully won’t have to live through too many tomorrows before we get a full length debut album from the Mercury Records artist.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.