Here’s a useless fact for y’all: Billy Joel’s 1977 hit Only the Good Die Young was originally a reggae song. Joel’s drummer hated that version so much he threw his sticks at the singer, so they reworked it into the classic-rock radio staple we all know and (may or may not) love. Today, Miami singer/songwriter Cris Cab steps into the Booth with Heaven, a similarly-themed record which also happens to have an Island-pop vibe. On this cut, the inaugural song release off his next studio album, a sun-kissed Cris Cab/PJ McGinniss production backs the artist as he persuades a pious shawty to let go of her inhibitions and enjoy a little paradise right here on Earth. James Davis II directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Heaven and much more where it came from on Cab’s Red Road Mixtape, dropping digitally April 1. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.