Here’s a useless fact for y’all: Billy Joel’s 1977 hit Only the Good Die Young was originally a reggae song. Joel’s drummer hated that version so much he threw his sticks at the singer, so they reworked it into the classic-rock radio staple we all know and (may or may not) love. Today, Miami singer/songwriter Cris Cab steps into the Booth with Heaven, a similarly-themed record which also happens to have an Island-pop vibe. On this cut, the inaugural song release off his next studio album, a sun-kissed Cris Cab/PJ McGinniss production backs the artist as he persuades a pious shawty to let go of her inhibitions and enjoy a little paradise right here on Earth. James Davis II directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. Fans will be able to find Heaven and much more where it came from on Cab’s Red Road Mixtape, dropping digitally April 1. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 03/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.