On mixtape lead single Heaven, Cris Cab put his game-spitting abilities to the test as he persuaded a Bible-believing shawty to let go of her inhibitions. The freshly-released follow-up finds the Miami singer-songwriter trying to coax another reticent chick out of her shell; this time, though, it’s a simple lack of self-esteem that’s keeping her from letting him in. As on the aforementioned cut, Cris Cab and PJ McGinnis double up behind the boards, crafting a sugary Island-pop groove to back the singer as he encourages the girl in question to cut loose and let her True Colors shine. RCA recording artist Mike Posner echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh, summery jams await on Cris’ Red Road Mixtape, set to drop digitally April 16. Also watch our pages for the latest on Cab’s Mercury Records debut album, coming sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.