On mixtape lead single Heaven, Cris Cab put his game-spitting abilities to the test as he persuaded a Bible-believing shawty to let go of her inhibitions. The freshly-released follow-up finds the Miami singer-songwriter trying to coax another reticent chick out of her shell; this time, though, it’s a simple lack of self-esteem that’s keeping her from letting him in. As on the aforementioned cut, Cris Cab and PJ McGinnis double up behind the boards, crafting a sugary Island-pop groove to back the singer as he encourages the girl in question to cut loose and let her True Colors shine. RCA recording artist Mike Posner echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Like what you’re hearing? More fresh, summery jams await on Cris’ Red Road Mixtape, set to drop digitally April 16. Also watch our pages for the latest on Cab’s Mercury Records debut album, coming sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 04/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.