Over the years, countless truth-seekers have pondered the question: what’s really going on at Area 51? Well, here’s my pet conspiracy theory: nothing’s going on, and the U.S. government are just maintaining the appearance of secrecy because they’re colluding with conspiracy theorists to make money off lurid books and TV exposés. Did I just blow your mind? OK, maybe not – regardless, I think you’ll agree that the mic skills of Booth newcomer Crimson are more intriguing than any alien autopsy rumor. This fresh single finds beatsmith E-Gram cooking up a minimal, percussion-driven West Coast instrumental as the North Cali representative showcases some appropriately out-of-this-world flows and imagery. Boasting about his novel artistic vision and his rapid ascent to fame, the emcee drops bars that should leave even the most cynical heads convinced that he is indeed “really really on.” Or have I got it twisted? In any case, those digging this newcomer’s fresh style should keep it locked for release details on his forthcoming full-length, Crimson.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.