Over the years, countless truth-seekers have pondered the question: what’s really going on at Area 51? Well, here’s my pet conspiracy theory: nothing’s going on, and the U.S. government are just maintaining the appearance of secrecy because they’re colluding with conspiracy theorists to make money off lurid books and TV exposés. Did I just blow your mind? OK, maybe not – regardless, I think you’ll agree that the mic skills of Booth newcomer Crimson are more intriguing than any alien autopsy rumor. This fresh single finds beatsmith E-Gram cooking up a minimal, percussion-driven West Coast instrumental as the North Cali representative showcases some appropriately out-of-this-world flows and imagery. Boasting about his novel artistic vision and his rapid ascent to fame, the emcee drops bars that should leave even the most cynical heads convinced that he is indeed “really really on.” Or have I got it twisted? In any case, those digging this newcomer’s fresh style should keep it locked for release details on his forthcoming full-length, Crimson.
Written by richard on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.