If you’re real, you’ll undoubtedly Recognize Crew 54. Just in case anyone hasn’t been keeping it one-hundred, though, here’s a quick review: made up of rappers G-Christ and M.O.S., the Lone Star State twosome made their last appearance on our pages in March of 2013, with reader-approved EP inclusion Labor. Now that you’ve been reintroduced, we turn to their latest single, newly released along with visuals by Dvzn Media. Here, a pensive Chipmunk-soul beat by Dichter2 Productions (complete with cuts by DJ Knexx) accompanies the partners-in-rhyme as they outline their cutthroat approach to the hustle, and distance themselves from their rivals in the rap game: “For years straight, we’ve been building respect, so don’t put us in a list with who you calling the best. / ‘Cause we ain’t these n*ggas’ friends and peers, we’re tryin’ to end their careers…” Crew 54’s Wyld Gentlemen LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.