Last year, Drake created a phenomenon with “YOLO,” a phrase meant to urge listeners to take advantage of the present moment and get to living. What about the struggles that come with life, though? Do you live it the fullest without regard, or do you embrace the challenges and struggles life inevitably brings? Texas duo Crew 54 takes a stab at the latter concept as they discuss their life, as well as the challenges that come with it, on their first DJBooth feature, My Life. Produced by S. Killz, My Life features a hazy yet pounding production that’s almost hypnotic and closed off by a scorching guitar solo courtesy of Carter Arrington. Mix in some of the fearlessly real vocals I eluded to earlier from Crew members Eric “M.O.S.” Morgan and Jonathan “G-Christ” Gilchrist (just back from serving in Afghanistan) and you’ve got a hell of a video, and a hell of a reason to check out 54’s upcoming BRB EP, available for pre-order now.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.