Last year, Drake created a phenomenon with “YOLO,” a phrase meant to urge listeners to take advantage of the present moment and get to living. What about the struggles that come with life, though? Do you live it the fullest without regard, or do you embrace the challenges and struggles life inevitably brings? Texas duo Crew 54 takes a stab at the latter concept as they discuss their life, as well as the challenges that come with it, on their first DJBooth feature, My Life. Produced by S. Killz, My Life features a hazy yet pounding production that’s almost hypnotic and closed off by a scorching guitar solo courtesy of Carter Arrington. Mix in some of the fearlessly real vocals I eluded to earlier from Crew members Eric “M.O.S.” Morgan and Jonathan “G-Christ” Gilchrist (just back from serving in Afghanistan) and you’ve got a hell of a video, and a hell of a reason to check out 54’s upcoming BRB EP, available for pre-order now.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.