Last year, Drake created a phenomenon with “YOLO,” a phrase meant to urge listeners to take advantage of the present moment and get to living. What about the struggles that come with life, though? Do you live it the fullest without regard, or do you embrace the challenges and struggles life inevitably brings? Texas duo Crew 54 takes a stab at the latter concept as they discuss their life, as well as the challenges that come with it, on their first DJBooth feature, My Life. Produced by S. Killz, My Life features a hazy yet pounding production that’s almost hypnotic and closed off by a scorching guitar solo courtesy of Carter Arrington. Mix in some of the fearlessly real vocals I eluded to earlier from Crew members Eric “M.O.S.” Morgan and Jonathan “G-Christ” Gilchrist (just back from serving in Afghanistan) and you’ve got a hell of a video, and a hell of a reason to check out 54’s upcoming BRB EP, available for pre-order now.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.