Last year, Drake created a phenomenon with “YOLO,” a phrase meant to urge listeners to take advantage of the present moment and get to living. What about the struggles that come with life, though? Do you live it the fullest without regard, or do you embrace the challenges and struggles life inevitably brings? Texas duo Crew 54 takes a stab at the latter concept as they discuss their life, as well as the challenges that come with it, on their first DJBooth feature, My Life. Produced by S. Killz, My Life features a hazy yet pounding production that’s almost hypnotic and closed off by a scorching guitar solo courtesy of Carter Arrington. Mix in some of the fearlessly real vocals I eluded to earlier from Crew members Eric “M.O.S.” Morgan and Jonathan “G-Christ” Gilchrist (just back from serving in Afghanistan) and you’ve got a hell of a video, and a hell of a reason to check out 54’s upcoming BRB EP, available for pre-order now.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/27/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.