Before the first verse even kicked in Labor immediately struck me as the kind of track that would be featured on the Madden soundtrack, and considering how much I love Madden, that’s a high compliment to the gritty sound of Texas’ Crew54 and cohort Supastition. Crew members Eric “M.O.S.” Morgan and Jonathan “G-Christ” put in some serious work (pun intended) on the mic as they promise to push until they’ve made music their dream job, but there’s also no way they could have achieved this kind of beautiful sound without production by Ditcher2 Productions on the boards; very funk-influenced. Feeling this ode to the literal and figurative grind? Then keep an ear out for 54’s upcoming The Wild Gentlemen EP, due out sometime this summer!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Crew 54’s Labor visuals, a hilarious parody of the movie Office Space.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.