In an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, The Runners’ Dru Brett stated that his and Mayne Zayne‘s desire is to someday step out from behind the boards and into the spotlight as artists. Since that route has yielded both commercial and critical successes (Lil’ Jon, Pharrell, Kanye, The-Dream) and failures (Khao, Ron Browz), fans of Kentucky hip-hop should be keeping a close eye on Merc Squad alumnus Creeze, who is preparing to take the plunge with the release of Louisville Lip. Not one to hide his Bluegrass pride, Creeze has called on his state’s top hip-hop group (according to both critics and Soundscan) for his first single. He may have gotten the sequencing backwards—after all, who’s going to remember your opening verse after the Nappy Roots finish it up? Still, being a trained trumpet/sax player does have its advantages, and Creeze continues to do what he does best as L.A. Griff chips in a memorable bassline. You be the jury, Booth-heads—are Creeze’s rap prospects looking All Good?
Written by Burmy on 06/9/09
Submit your Rating
Dodge This Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.