In an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, The Runners’ Dru Brett stated that his and Mayne Zayne‘s desire is to someday step out from behind the boards and into the spotlight as artists. Since that route has yielded both commercial and critical successes (Lil’ Jon, Pharrell, Kanye, The-Dream) and failures (Khao, Ron Browz), fans of Kentucky hip-hop should be keeping a close eye on Merc Squad alumnus Creeze, who is preparing to take the plunge with the release of Louisville Lip. Not one to hide his Bluegrass pride, Creeze has called on his state’s top hip-hop group (according to both critics and Soundscan) for his first single. He may have gotten the sequencing backwards—after all, who’s going to remember your opening verse after the Nappy Roots finish it up? Still, being a trained trumpet/sax player does have its advantages, and Creeze continues to do what he does best as L.A. Griff chips in a memorable bassline. You be the jury, Booth-heads—are Creeze’s rap prospects looking All Good?
Written by Burmy on 06/9/09
Dodge This Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.