In an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, The Runners’ Dru Brett stated that his and Mayne Zayne‘s desire is to someday step out from behind the boards and into the spotlight as artists. Since that route has yielded both commercial and critical successes (Lil’ Jon, Pharrell, Kanye, The-Dream) and failures (Khao, Ron Browz), fans of Kentucky hip-hop should be keeping a close eye on Merc Squad alumnus Creeze, who is preparing to take the plunge with the release of Louisville Lip. Not one to hide his Bluegrass pride, Creeze has called on his state’s top hip-hop group (according to both critics and Soundscan) for his first single. He may have gotten the sequencing backwards—after all, who’s going to remember your opening verse after the Nappy Roots finish it up? Still, being a trained trumpet/sax player does have its advantages, and Creeze continues to do what he does best as L.A. Griff chips in a memorable bassline. You be the jury, Booth-heads—are Creeze’s rap prospects looking All Good?
Written by Burmy on 06/9/09
Submit your Rating
Dodge This Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.