DJBooth rookie Creative Gold might hail from Brooklyn, but he knows a thing or two about Midwest Relations. Perhaps he owes that to Chicago’s Murph Watkins, who’s Midwest roots seem to have inspired the title of this song, the duo’s joint rap name, ‘97 Bulls, and the title of their latest project, #DirtyJordans EP. To set the tone producer Nego Trendz assembles a unique beat, which features a squeaky vocal sample over an airy track that showcases two differing drum patterns. Both emcees add a certain nonchalance-ness to the tune, each opting for a more laid-back flow to match the vibe of the production. If you dig Midwest Relations, then be sure to scope out the #DirtyJordans EP, which is set to drop in March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Quis Amor (What's Love?)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!