DJBooth rookie Creative Gold might hail from Brooklyn, but he knows a thing or two about Midwest Relations. Perhaps he owes that to Chicago’s Murph Watkins, who’s Midwest roots seem to have inspired the title of this song, the duo’s joint rap name, ‘97 Bulls, and the title of their latest project, #DirtyJordans EP. To set the tone producer Nego Trendz assembles a unique beat, which features a squeaky vocal sample over an airy track that showcases two differing drum patterns. Both emcees add a certain nonchalance-ness to the tune, each opting for a more laid-back flow to match the vibe of the production. If you dig Midwest Relations, then be sure to scope out the #DirtyJordans EP, which is set to drop in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Quis Amor (What's Love?)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.