DJBooth rookie Creative Gold might hail from Brooklyn, but he knows a thing or two about Midwest Relations. Perhaps he owes that to Chicago’s Murph Watkins, who’s Midwest roots seem to have inspired the title of this song, the duo’s joint rap name, ‘97 Bulls, and the title of their latest project, #DirtyJordans EP. To set the tone producer Nego Trendz assembles a unique beat, which features a squeaky vocal sample over an airy track that showcases two differing drum patterns. Both emcees add a certain nonchalance-ness to the tune, each opting for a more laid-back flow to match the vibe of the production. If you dig Midwest Relations, then be sure to scope out the #DirtyJordans EP, which is set to drop in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Quis Amor (What's Love?)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)