DJBooth rookie Creative Gold might hail from Brooklyn, but he knows a thing or two about Midwest Relations. Perhaps he owes that to Chicago’s Murph Watkins, who’s Midwest roots seem to have inspired the title of this song, the duo’s joint rap name, ‘97 Bulls, and the title of their latest project, #DirtyJordans EP. To set the tone producer Nego Trendz assembles a unique beat, which features a squeaky vocal sample over an airy track that showcases two differing drum patterns. Both emcees add a certain nonchalance-ness to the tune, each opting for a more laid-back flow to match the vibe of the production. If you dig Midwest Relations, then be sure to scope out the #DirtyJordans EP, which is set to drop in March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Quis Amor (What's Love?)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.