Is there anything I can say about Creative Gold‘s new mixtape single that isn’t already implied in the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s stage name? To answer my own rhetorical question, there’s at least one key detail: the record is a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere. Since stopping there would make for a conspicuously short track review, I’ll spill a few more details. The follow-up to February Booth debut Midwest Relations, this joint chronicles the emcee’s romance with urban tastmaker Karen Civil. The Antydote mans the mixing boards, flipping a mellow soul sample as Gold looks back fondly on the years they spent together, before their respective hopes and dreams pulled them in different directions. Is Creative Gold’s latest effort, well, creative gold? For those who answer to the affirmative, more riches await on forthcoming EP #DirtyJordans, dropping digitally June 19.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Midwest Relations" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)