Is there anything I can say about Creative Gold‘s new mixtape single that isn’t already implied in the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s stage name? To answer my own rhetorical question, there’s at least one key detail: the record is a DJBooth-exclusive world premiere. Since stopping there would make for a conspicuously short track review, I’ll spill a few more details. The follow-up to February Booth debut Midwest Relations, this joint chronicles the emcee’s romance with urban tastmaker Karen Civil. The Antydote mans the mixing boards, flipping a mellow soul sample as Gold looks back fondly on the years they spent together, before their respective hopes and dreams pulled them in different directions. Is Creative Gold’s latest effort, well, creative gold? For those who answer to the affirmative, more riches await on forthcoming EP #DirtyJordans, dropping digitally June 19.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Midwest Relations" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.