Frank Sinatra has his fair share of classic hits, but the greatest song in his catalog is arguably That’s Life. While it isn’t your typical pump-up song, Frank’s voice always gets me motivated and pumped up to tackle a task at hand. Craig Gillespie’s That’s Life, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is far more laid-back but, thanks to the newcomer’s strong flow, it might just be a classic too. A drowsy horn grounds Asromega’s mellow, yet pop-appealing production. That “pop” element is important, because it complements Gillespie’s smooth, yet lively flow. His flow is finessed, but his deft vocal delivery gives his verses a crisp, fluid vibe. That’s Life is not attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Gillespie’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.