Frank Sinatra has his fair share of classic hits, but the greatest song in his catalog is arguably That’s Life. While it isn’t your typical pump-up song, Frank’s voice always gets me motivated and pumped up to tackle a task at hand. Craig Gillespie’s That’s Life, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is far more laid-back but, thanks to the newcomer’s strong flow, it might just be a classic too. A drowsy horn grounds Asromega’s mellow, yet pop-appealing production. That “pop” element is important, because it complements Gillespie’s smooth, yet lively flow. His flow is finessed, but his deft vocal delivery gives his verses a crisp, fluid vibe. That’s Life is not attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Gillespie’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.