Frank Sinatra has his fair share of classic hits, but the greatest song in his catalog is arguably That’s Life. While it isn’t your typical pump-up song, Frank’s voice always gets me motivated and pumped up to tackle a task at hand. Craig Gillespie’s That’s Life, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is far more laid-back but, thanks to the newcomer’s strong flow, it might just be a classic too. A drowsy horn grounds Asromega’s mellow, yet pop-appealing production. That “pop” element is important, because it complements Gillespie’s smooth, yet lively flow. His flow is finessed, but his deft vocal delivery gives his verses a crisp, fluid vibe. That’s Life is not attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Gillespie’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.