Frank Sinatra has his fair share of classic hits, but the greatest song in his catalog is arguably That’s Life. While it isn’t your typical pump-up song, Frank’s voice always gets me motivated and pumped up to tackle a task at hand. Craig Gillespie’s That’s Life, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, is far more laid-back but, thanks to the newcomer’s strong flow, it might just be a classic too. A drowsy horn grounds Asromega’s mellow, yet pop-appealing production. That “pop” element is important, because it complements Gillespie’s smooth, yet lively flow. His flow is finessed, but his deft vocal delivery gives his verses a crisp, fluid vibe. That’s Life is not attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Gillespie’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.