Say what you will about Booth newcomer Cozz, but don’t you dare Knock the Hustle. As the the new Dreamsville signee informs us on his latest single, he’s been working way too hard, for way too long to have his work ethic questioned by presumptuous haters. Backed by Que‘s pensive, jazzy sample work (Anyone I.D. that horn loop for me?), the West Coast buzzmaker showcases a hunger and aggression built up over long, thankless years on the grind. Despite his frustrations with the industry, he exhibits clear passion and an ironclad will to succeed. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of the artist’s punnily-named new project, Cozz & Effect.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait's Over" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.