Say what you will about Booth newcomer Cozz, but don’t you dare Knock the Hustle. As the the new Dreamsville signee informs us on his latest single, he’s been working way too hard, for way too long to have his work ethic questioned by presumptuous haters. Backed by Que‘s pensive, jazzy sample work (Anyone I.D. that horn loop for me?), the West Coast buzzmaker showcases a hunger and aggression built up over long, thankless years on the grind. Despite his frustrations with the industry, he exhibits clear passion and an ironclad will to succeed. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of the artist’s punnily-named new project, Cozz & Effect.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait's Over" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.