Say what you will about Booth newcomer Cozz, but don’t you dare Knock the Hustle. As the the new Dreamsville signee informs us on his latest single, he’s been working way too hard, for way too long to have his work ethic questioned by presumptuous haters. Backed by Que‘s pensive, jazzy sample work (Anyone I.D. that horn loop for me?), the West Coast buzzmaker showcases a hunger and aggression built up over long, thankless years on the grind. Despite his frustrations with the industry, he exhibits clear passion and an ironclad will to succeed. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of the artist’s punnily-named new project, Cozz & Effect.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait's Over" (2014)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.