We hear the story all the time; young female with a love for music starts singing locally, then gets discovered by a national label and rocketed to superstardom. The most recent case is that of Courtney Harris; already a rising star in her hometown of Jacksonville, Florida, she has recently been scooped up by everybody’s favorite mid-major, Koch Records, and is currently preparing to release her currently-untitled debut album in the second quarter of ‘09. Now that she’s on a major label, the first people she’s calling are all her exes. Why? To remind them that because they left her when she was local, they’re missing out on the Grown and Sexy woman she had become. Def Squad alumnus Keith Murray brings in a funky eight-bar intro, which gives way to a beat by Gerald “Strata G” Sheffield and CC Lemonhead, over which Courtney leaves her past loves red-faced. After all, if they liked it, then they shoulda put a ring on it, if you know what we mean…
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
Strata G Ent/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.