We hear the story all the time; young female with a love for music starts singing locally, then gets discovered by a national label and rocketed to superstardom. The most recent case is that of Courtney Harris; already a rising star in her hometown of Jacksonville, Florida, she has recently been scooped up by everybody’s favorite mid-major, Koch Records, and is currently preparing to release her currently-untitled debut album in the second quarter of ‘09. Now that she’s on a major label, the first people she’s calling are all her exes. Why? To remind them that because they left her when she was local, they’re missing out on the Grown and Sexy woman she had become. Def Squad alumnus Keith Murray brings in a funky eight-bar intro, which gives way to a beat by Gerald “Strata G” Sheffield and CC Lemonhead, over which Courtney leaves her past loves red-faced. After all, if they liked it, then they shoulda put a ring on it, if you know what we mean…
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
Strata G Ent/E1 Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.