All it takes is a brief tour of a library and a quick skim through almost any scientific textbook to discover that there are many theories: the theory of evolution, the big bang theory, the theory that Gudda Gudda may actually be looking at a solo career, and countless others. Queens up-and-comer Costell may not be a scientist, but his latest Booth feature, We Have a Theory (making its world premiere in the Booth!), is proof that he can still explore, make discoveries, and report his findings to all of his hungry fans. Over subdued, dreamlike production from Sean Ross, Costell grants us a quick look into his life with some deliberate, conversational rhymes. If his previous Booth feature Timeless didn’t have you convinced that he’s here to stay, Theory will not only pick up the slack, but also redirect you right back to Timeless so you can appreciate what you slept on the first time around. Be sure to keep an eye out for Costell’s forthcoming album ELO, set to drop later this year.
Written by Matty K on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Timeless (Intro)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.